Whitefish

vinnimon

Any prep or recipe suggestions would be great.I want to filet it.Thanks in advance

i would suggest you pm bigugly...he has some impressive recipes and seems to have a handle on the cooking situation....sorry i cant help you out Vinnie...if it isnt done in a deepfryer ...im lost...

come to think of it ...i wonder what my cholesterol levels are :dunno:

Thanks,I was a little concerned about the bones.I heard they were boney.I may also cut them up into steaks and add some dill and lemons :dunno: yet.Or even just some lemon pepper and salt :dunno: .Im more of pickerel and trout guy for eats.Maybe I can dice it up and cook it slowly in a cream of brocoli or cauliflour soup,as I did once for pickerel while camping.

Just cook it like you would your walleye then. I fillet them, and fry them just like any other fish. They're good deep fried in beer batter too. Actually, they're good any way you can get them!! LOL.

Try and remove as much fat, and mudline as you can. It makes a big difference.

Cut thru the pin bones when you fillet them, then remove them after you skin it.

S.

I bet those whities were tasty!

I wont know until tomorrow,But it sure leaves an aroma in the house. :whistling: well see what the wife says when she gets home from work tonight:stretcher: To save my butt Ill tell her it tastes like the pickerel I brought home the last time :whistling: