Cabela's Quantum reel-deal

Garry2Rs

In the past I've stated that I am a long time Shimano fan.

Both because of their service and the fact they have a Canadian office, just down the road in Peterborough.

However, I do own several Quantum's baitcaster's.

With their external controls, beginners seem find them quite easy to use.

This morning Cabela's sent out a new e-mail flier.

They are advertising a $50.00 savings on the Quantum Catalyst casting reel.

(reg.$149.99 for $99.99US.)

This is a nice savings, but the purchaser also qualifies for a KVD, Strike King, six lure bonus pack from Quantum.

The bonus pack is a $29.95US value for $7.95 in shipping and handling.

According to the coupon this offer is valid in both the USA and Canada.

If I were buying my first baitcaster, this would be a tempting offer.

Garry2Rs

If they ship by UPS you likely will get murdered by brokerage fee, but if the ship by USPS then Canada Post has a flat fee which is very low. Last time I checked Bass pro USA still uses UPS and the shipping fee was still fairly high.

I wish we could order from Basspro USA for those prices and do free pickup at the VaughnMills Bass Pro. :D

Edited by Syn

Cabela's told me tonight that they charge $14.95 to ship that reel anywhere inside the USA.

To ship to Canada they charge $15.95.

Mike:

The Catalyst reel doesn't have a flippin' switch, but if you want the one with the switch, I have a spare Quantum Accurist that I don't think has ever been used.

Cabela's told me tonight that they charge $14.95 to ship that reel anywhere inside the USA.

To ship to Canada they charge $15.95.

Mike:

The Catalyst reel doesn't have a flippin' switch, but if you want the one with the switch, I have a spare Quantum Accurist that I don't think has ever been used.

Did they mention what shipper? If its USPS then thats a good deal.

I ordered from Cabelas USA about 5 times over the past couple of years. Brokerage fee was always $3.50. Shipping varied depending how much I ordered from ~$17 to $19. Also charged tax.

They lost my order on two different occasions though. However, they did replace everything free of charge both times without question - and these were 20 to 30 item orders.