New Xrap colour 'Rusty Crawdad'

archie_james_c

Anyone else buy one of these? It's the SAME damned colour as their Gold Xraps :angry: . Which by the way I have never had luck on.

The site shows that RC is much darker than Gold...not so in person.

Here's a pic of a Gold 10 size, and the 08 Rusty Craw...

This isn't really a rant so much as just letting folks know about this...

2z8d8ib.jpg

Well that's marketing for you. All those new colours are designed to catch the fisherman not the fish. I should know, I have half of them in my tackle box, many which have never caught anything. :( And now I rarely use any rapalas and when I do it's only 2 or 3 key colours.

And oddly enough I've done okay with the gold colour.

I think I just haven't gave the gold enough of a chance.

My go-to colours/rapalas for Walleye, Pike, and Bass are as follows:

1) XRap in CLOWN

2) XRap in White Ghost

3) Anything Fire Tiger

My big prospects for landing Eye's this year are the following...

XRap Shad in Clown

Clackin' Rap in Yellow Perch

I am also going to give the Purple Ghost XRap more of a chance this year...

I am also going to give the Purple Ghost XRap more of a chance this year...

I had very high hopes with a 08? sized Purple Ghost xrap last year, and all it ever hooked me was a muskie and nothing else ever again! The white does seem promising, I think I will be getting that sometime this year :lol:

BTW, that orange colour does look like a good fish catching colour anyways.

Edited by EC1

I had very high hopes with a 08? sized Purple Ghost xrap last year, and all it ever hooked me was a muskie and nothing else ever again! The white does seem promising, I think I will be getting that sometime this year :lol:

BTW, that orange colour does look like a good fish catching colour anyways.

I've done well on bass with the White Ghost but never really gave it a chance for Walleye as I was too busy catching them on perch/clown crawler harnesses and Clown Xraps, but I wanna start throwing more crankbaits for eye's this season.

I've had good luck for pike with the white ghost xrap just before and after the sun goes down. Don't fish for eyes much so can't really say.

The one colour that I can't seem to hit with is the clown. Everyone else seems to do well but can't seem to get it to work for me.

I've had good luck for pike with the white ghost xrap just before and after the sun goes down. Don't fish for eyes much so can't really say.

The one colour that I can't seem to hit with is the clown. Everyone else seems to do well but can't seem to get it to work for me.

Don't feel bad Clown has done nothing for Bass or Pike for me really. But Walleye seem to take a liking to them :D.

ive done well on all colours but perch!! fish cant get enough of them!

Agreed!! I bought a Perch Xrap thinking I'd clean up with it in Rock Lake...but nothing...meanwhile Perch bladed crawlers are the ticket in that lake...go figure??

i have caught dozens of fish on the gold xraps in the river and in the kawarthas and never got anything on fire tiger, i actually bought 2 gold color ones cause the gold color produced tons of walleye and musky until a musky finally got away with it

Know how I know you're gay? You know what the colour fuscia looks like.

:D :D :D

do you think he could actually spell it though ??? :lol:

oops just re read ...he did know ...but ...so do you now...lmao

Edited by Twocoda

actually both of them pretty well look the same as my hot steel xrap... kinda.... i think its called hot steel, haha.

Ha the Hot Steel has an aquamarine back with a subtle transition to the gold with an eggshell undersides........

Uh....(manly voice), blue back, light belly.

Heh that's the one colour usable Xrap I still have left. No love in Steeltown for Hot Steel, forget pike even the drum wouldn't touch it.

actually both of them pretty well look the same as my hot steel xrap... kinda.... i think its called hot steel, haha.

Ha the Hot Steel has an aquamarine back with a subtle transition to the gold with an eggshell undersides........

Uh....(manly voice), blue back, light belly.

Heh that's the one colour usable Xrap I still have left. No love in Steeltown for Hot Steel, forget pike even the drum wouldn't touch it.

Interesting how Rapalas Hot Steel colour differs from lure to lure.

Here's the one you guys are talking about. I had never seen this colour before:

xrap.jpg

All of Rapalas other lures in the Hot Steel colour look like this:

shadrap.jpg

I've used the hot steel Shad Rap and Minnow Rap, both have worked fantastically for me.

I've used the hot steel Shad Rap and Minnow Rap, both have worked fantastically for me.

Lol I wonder if there's some Rapala/Spro exclusive success correlation?

Like GM or Ford at a NASCAR race, you're either one or the other? This deserves further study.