Sabres Senators

silveradosheriff

Fianlly some old time hockey. We talked about it at work last night. Made me feel alive agian about hockey. Back in late 70's and 80's there were great fights all the time. Now it's like watching figure skating with sticks. Some great skating but need more hitting and fighting for entertainment. Just my thought.

jigger :whistling:

And that's what hockey is about...no fights= no viewership. Races, noone killed or maimed= no viewership. Boxing. people hitting other people and noone's lights being put out= no viewership. Are we really at that point in our lives? I always thought that fishing was a calm adventure into nature....but now we have to have "extreme fishing" why????

And that's what hockey is about...no fights= no viewership. Races, noone killed or maimed= no viewership. Boxing. people hitting other people and noone's lights being put out= no viewership. Are we really at that point in our lives? I always thought that fishing was a calm adventure into nature....but now we have to have "extreme fishing" why????

i think it's partly a mentality of "well i can do that", i work at a rink and u never see people watching oldtimer games or pick up games cause anybody can do "that", in these games u wont see fights or big hits or superstars so it's not entertaining, it's like showing strangers your home videos, sure for u and ur family it's great for the memories, but for a stranger it's just plain ol regular life no different than their own, TV is entertainment and some run of the mill everyday occurence is no biggy,

not sure if that made any sense, it did to me :clapping:

anyways to the original question, more often than not after "events" that went on last game the next game is all hype and no action, after all these teams are battling for points in the same conference and injuries and suspensions could be very costly, also if something were to happen and someone gets seriously hurt, it could be considered premeditated intent to injure kinda like the bertuzzi incident, (if you look back at the tape peters' action's on heatley were almost identical to what bertuzzi did only heatley didn't go down, therfore not injured)

well just gonna have to wait till sportscenter, cause god forbid we see a game other than the leafs on CBC, or having games "blacked out" on other channels because u don't live in the area

Just watched the Islanders and Canadians on RDS in French. Boring, Boring, Boring and Pitiful. Womans oops I mean European hockey at its best. I hope you Bettman lovers are happy. Chris Simone and Asham actually trying to play hockey. Then again it was the Typical Mtl Canadians. Who would confront them anyhow. I have nothing against Sourey or Komeserik, but cant, somebody, standup in front of the Canadians net. Im really disapointed to what happened to OUR Game. Hopefully Sabres and Toronto is better. Its really hard trying to stay a Habs fan. If I was Sourey, I would sign with Edmonton or Calgary next year. It would be a shame if he didnt get a ring. But Staying with the Canadians is just not a happening team. For starters Koivu is not Cup contention Captain material.