Just for Dr Salvelinus

bigugli

You got me thinking about it. Nothing to warm you like a thick rich pot full of Mujakka

DSCN2933.jpg

And to make sure not a drop is missed, some tuore leipa.

DSCN2934.jpg

Food fit for any suomalainen veli or sissa.

Any more ambitious and I might force myself to make some riisipuri

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Nope. Just some good old fashioned Finnish goodness.

Looks like some good stew! Reminds of the mojakka lunch at the Hoito in Thunder Bay!

I just got back from a weekend at my finnish families old farmstead. Out there we still have the original family sauna built in the 30's. Had the fire roaring to the point i couldn't take it anymore. Each morning we had our fill of korppu and pulla before going fishing and lots of viski in the evenings.

Looks like some good stew! Reminds of the mojakka lunch at the Hoito in Thunder Bay!

I just got back from a weekend at my finnish families old farmstead. Out there we still have the original family sauna built in the 30's. Had the fire roaring to the point i couldn't take it anymore. Each morning we had our fill of korppu and pulla before going fishing and lots of viski in the evenings.

Now I'm jealous :wallbash:

Haven't been in a real Sauna in years. We'd heat it up to 200F, get in, throw the water on the rocks and cook for 2 minutes ( that's about all your lungs could take) and then jump out into the snow or water. After that the real sauna would begin.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Now I'm jealous :wallbash:

Haven't been in a real Sauna in years. We'd heat it up to 200F, get in, throw the water on the rocks and cook for 2 minutes ( that's about all your lungs could take) and then jump out into the snow or water. After that the real sauna would begin.

we didn't do much jumping into the snow, but i did wander around the yard steaming for a few minutes.

you gotta get the sauna piping hot, how else are you going to cook finn weiners on the rocks?

Thanks, Bruce. I like the look of the crust - need another shot of the crumb. Is that a wet stretch and fold type of bread?

It's kept fairly moist and elastic with minimal handling. 2 minutes of kneading before, and after, the rise, flatten and roll for the loaf. Lots of steam.