I have a simple question??

Leecher

Question for you guys..... Planning on fishing in Ontario in the next few days if all goes according to plan and need to know what is required licensing wise for me to fish absolutely legit..... I checked the OMNR site and read about an outdoors card and fishing tags for non resident...... What the hell are they taking about??

In QC, it's real simple..... only need to buy a fishing license period. It may sound simple to you folks but for me it only brings confusion :lol: Please enlighten me. I just want to make sure that I have all the necessary papers so that if I get stop by a CO, it will all be fine.

It may be a stupid question but to me, it's important that I know for my piece of mind :)

Thanks guys

Leechman

Jacques, you need The Canadian Resident Temporary Fishing Outdoors Card along with the fishing permit..

You can get all this at any Crappy Tire.

Canadian residents need an Outdoors Card to fish in Ontario if they are at least 18 years old but have not reached their 65th birthday. The sportfishing licence tag or the conservation fishing licence tag accompanies the plastic Outdoors Card.

If you have never had an Outdoors Card, you can purchase a "Canadian Resident Temporary Fishing Outdoors Card and Application" from one of more than 1,800 licence issuers across the province. The Canadian Resident Temporary Fishing Outdoors Card and Application does not include the fishing licence tag. The fishing licence tag will be a separate paper permit.

The temporary Outdoors Card and paper licence tag are effective immediately. Your plastic Outdoors Card will be mailed to you by year end, and is valid for three calendar years (including the year of purchase).

Canadian resident hunters can also fish under the authority of their Outdoor Card (hunting version) with the appropriate fishing licence tag.

You can also get more information on the Outdoors Card by calling the Outdoors Card Centre at 1-800-387-7011. This toll-free number works from all regions of Canada, from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).

card is good for 3 yrs and you can buy a 1-3 year sticker for the card. Conservation sticker is cheaper if you don't intend to keep much, sport sticker is more expensive but has higher catch & keep limits

Thanks JJ for the info!!! Much appreciated :) I'm going to get my non resident card and a 1 year fishing tag.

Jacques, you need The Canadian Resident Temporary Fishing Outdoors Card along with the fishing permit..

You can get all this at any Crappy Tire.

not true Canadian tire does no longer carry the outdoors cards in ontario, southern anyway...hit a tackle shop or check the mnr web site for kiosks where you can pick them up...all you need is a temporary other then residence card and your good to go Leechman...there a little more expensive then what we residents have to pay but c'mon support your ontario fishing brothers anyway

is Quebec still part of Canada ? <_<

Sure it is :)

not true Canadian tire does no longer carry the outdoors cards in ontario, southern anyway...hit a tackle shop or check the mnr web site for kiosks where you can pick them up...all you need is a temporary other then residence card and your good to go Leechman...there a little more expensive then what we residents have to pay but c'mon support your ontario fishing brothers anyway

Thanks tightline!!! Just got word from my friend Paul aka Whitespinnerbait that Sports Action 2000 on St-Laurent Blvd carry the outdoors card B) Will be going there tomorrow to pick it up.