New Law????

Bob Mann Sr

Hmmm this may be loaded.... but why in the heck would/SHOULD you be fishing in Canadian water for an American tournament? if this is the case and people do fish here in Canada for American based tournaments I am for one happy the process has been stopped.

On a side note do these anglers also have/require Canadian licenses?

shoot me if you may but that is my opinion.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Gerritt one of my arguments about some of the tournaments here, not a lot of thought seems to go to the welfare of the fish. I have heard of guys running from Sandusky Bay over to PeeLea, down to Vermillion Ohio. If you are calling it a Sandusky tournament why not limit it to the bay?

Running the fish in a livewell for an hour, sometimes in rough water doesn`t seem to make much sense if you truly care about continuing the species. Of course the publicity won`t be as great because you wouldn`t have 20 to 30 pound daily weigh ins.

Just seems more geared to promoting sponsers high dollar boats and motors because it puts people in the position they need one to be competitive.

Not a lot of logic to me, are you a better fisherman because you can run 50 or 60 miles? Or just richer?

I have never heard of this

but why wouldn't you be able to

if you have a Ontario license I don't see a problem with you taking your five fish back, if it's in a tourney or to eat

unless there is a new law about transporting live fish over the border without a passport for each fish

Edited by Terry

I guess I should have explain why Iam concerned. I live on Lake St Clair. I fish the FLW/BFL out of Michigan on Lake St Clair. Last year I won that event by fishing in canadian waters 6 miles in to the lake in Canadian water. Taken my fish back to Michigan to weigh in. www.greatlakesbass.com will have up dates about this Federal mandate by Sunday night or Monaday.

jigger