More Northern Ontario Brookies

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
so he finally got his act together!! :P

good job!! im surprised you didnt go some place with the new sled!

i took it for a rip out near northland during the week. and this weekend i'm taking it fishing for sure!

the sled won't stop be from getting out on my snowshoes though.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Right on dude, great song for the background too, I havent broke that disc out in a while.

Got a view of your tracks from the plane today, clear skies over that area and I got the binos out to check things out.

Keep it up.

Neat that you could see our tracks! It was a really good hike and between the treadmill, the weekly hikes, and the wife imposed yoga I'm finally starting to get back in shape. I've got the gear trimmed down to the point that I'm no longer sore the next day... no sore knees and no hip flexor.

Take care up north.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Hey Dr.

What was on the end of your rigs?

Just curious as I see a flasher and about 14" of line LOL...

Did you walk minnows back, or was that a fly, jig?

Just curious for future Brookie trips

Cheers,

on the particular line in the photos i believe he had only a minnow head on the snelled hook, although we also use worms and nymph patterns as well. the one gent was using a worm, then another 6 inches of line down to a nymph rubbing right on bottom.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Great report and video Dr S :thumbsup_anim:

Beautiful brookies..... love the second pic.... some dark color markings on that one :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for showing us in detail the accessories needed for such trek B)

Neat and organize!!!

Leechman

I have to be organized like that because my brain doesn't work at 4 am. I lay out my clothes in the order I have to put them on so I don't end up with underwear on my head in place of a toque. Also, my wife likes it when I am ready to go the night before. Apparently I sound like a bull moose in a china shop when I'm getting my stuff ready in the morning. :)

The fish were VERY dark in this lake, quite a contrast from the incredibly red fish we caught last weekend.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i forgot to mention, almost all of the fish were hooked in the tip of the snout and were released quickly. 3 of the fish caught were a little worse off and were kept for a delicious speck dinner. i myself will be having tilapia instead. ;)