Shimano Symetre 2500FJ issue

MSBruno

Looking for some help here ....

I know it's recommended to flip the bail by hand, but the reel should engage the bail flip with the turn of the handle.

On the reel I have, the bail flip is engaged most of the time, EXCEPT when the bail is flipped open towards the handle. I'm not sure if thats a week part and not enough sped or torque is generated with the bail open at the handle, but I would think that this is uncommon. I have 2 older spinning reel (mitchell) and 1 has the same issue, but the other one allows the bail to flip wherever it is flip, even if opened towards the handle.

Advice? Send back to Shimano?

Probably a weak bail spring, or maybe the lubricant in the bail spring area does not like colder temps. Could also be a binding issue between the rotating parts. I use some extreme pressure, low temperature grease in the bail spring area, and rarely have issues unless it's below -25C. There is probably some better products out there, but that's all I have needed to use.

Probably a weak bail spring, or maybe the lubricant in the bail spring area does not like colder temps. Could also be a binding issue between the rotating parts. I use some extreme pressure, low temperature grease in the bail spring area, and rarely have issues unless it's below -25C. There is probably some better products out there, but that's all I have needed to use.

Also try loosening both screws that hold the bail then re-tighten. Ive done that at times as sometimes the bail gets twisted.

i know on my stradics there is a small plastic ring under the reel rotor

its called the friction ring and that little ring is known to make the bail bind and not close properly , you can remove this ring and it doesnt hinder the performance of the reel but did help the bail issues on my stradics

looks at the parts drawning that comes in the box with the reel you should be able to see the friction ring on there

i found a video on how to remove this ring before , i'll have a look for it

i know on my stradics there is a small plastic ring under the reel rotor

its called the friction ring and that little ring is known to make the bail bind and not close properly , you can remove this ring and it doesnt hinder the performance of the reel but did help the bail issues on my stradics

looks at the parts drawning that comes in the box with the reel you should be able to see the friction ring on there

i found a video on how to remove this ring before , i'll have a look for it

Thanks bud, I have issues with both my stradics and the hard bail closing, I'll give this a try and see what happens.