How About A 40 Brookie Day?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I think the Doc screwed up when he said he only kept deep hooked fish. Looks to me like it worked out to a perfect limit!! Nothing wrong with that, if ya wanna keep a limit, by all means have atter!! I'm a meat hunter too, and proud of it!!! If I can get my limit on my weekly fishing trips, I keep it, and take it home and eat them with my family!!!!! I'd rather catch my own fish for our weekly fish fry, than buy some crap that's been thrown around, and handled all to hell. At least I know what I'm getting.

S.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

exactly what sinker said.

i should have worded my original post better.

i fully intended to take home a meal of fish. but instead of throwing the first five fish i caught on the ice (i would have been going home within 20 minutes of being on the lake), i only kept fish that did in fact either ingest or seriously injure themselves with the hook. this allowed me to not only take home a limit but to fish for an entire day. keep in mind, the pic shows 20 fish, and we caught twice that.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

You don't miss them because they don't bite!! Think of how many trout look at your 20lb mono, and 1/0 hook and just laugh :lol::lol: That set up must really "anchor" your bait down there!! I'm sure you get the odd stupid one once in a while though :P

:lol::lol::lol:

S.

I get some small ones.

the guys with smaller hooks and line don't outfish me

Edited by Dara

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

a 1/0 hook is the size of the head of some of the fish we caught yesterday.

those are big splake, not tiny specks in a lake the size of the essar centre.

nice splake though.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

If I was having trouble with getting the smaller ones I would likely move to a smaller hook and light leader...but generally I do ok with the heavy stuff, even on small specs.

I'm not saying you sholdn't use the small hooks...my buddy uses tiny trebles...fine with me.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

the one lake we fished, the males were still in bright red spawning colours, and the females were a dynamic purplish silver.

maybe the best lookin' specs i've seen in any lake...