Ravenscroft Lodge

fishinfool

A bunch of buds have booked a weekend of ice fishing at Ravenscroft Lodge on Jumping Caribou Lake in or near Temagami.

Just wondering if any of our readers has had any dealings with this outfitter, good or bad?

We're booked for next weekend Jan 29,30 & 31.

Don't know what to expect for fishing either, I've heard there is Walleye, Lakers and Pike.

I'll echo what Solo posted. I've been there once with various groups of friends going other years and we experienced the same thing...it's a nice enough lodge and you'll be well fed but don't expect much in the way of fish if you stick to the huts. I suspect that the owner places his huts where they are convenient for him to run guests back and forth rather than placing them over productive fishing grounds.

That makes me feel good Randy.

I spent a week there a few years ago and did quite well with eyes. my daughter got herself a 9 lb'er to boot.

I heard they do well right by the docks for lakers in spring.

A group of friends and I fished it several times in May 20-25 years ago and did pretty well.

Big walleye and a couple of pike in the high teens.

Open water prime time..... no problem.

Bummer, I was kinda hoping you guys would tell me they jump right outta the hole...

Does anyone here know where I might find a hydrographic map for that lake.

If I have to bring the gas auger and Vex, so be it.

GPS waypoints will be gladly accepted. lol

Thanks for the info so far.

Bummer, I was kinda hoping you guys would tell me they jump right outta the hole...

Does anyone here know where I might find a hydrographic map for that lake.

If I have to bring the gas auger and Vex, so be it.

GPS waypoints will be gladly accepted. lol

Thanks for the info so far.

I think they have the maps at the lodge.

Call to be sure but i think I have one and thats where I would have gotten it

was there in may of last year....very very deep lake in parts....1000ft in one part ...but thats all the way in the back part of the lake.....intresting lake tho....10 from shore in certain parts major 80ft drops.....nothing like the kawartha's....we caught 4 lakers and 2 eyes there for three days.....fishing was very tough.....accomadations werent bad....clean and comfertable....no 5 star but it suited us fine....i would think you would need a sled out there to poke a holes lake is a medium sized lake....i would say close to the size of cooks bay maybe a little smaller.....

good luck

I would give Wilson Lake Cottages a call only a few minutes north of Jumping Caribou and awesome fishing on a few of the small lakes in the area. Thier prices are good and they will treat you well. If you check it out ask them about Ingle or Brophy Lake the fish arent huge but at least the fish are there.

I would give Wilson Lake Cottages a call only a few minutes north of Jumping Caribou and awesome fishing on a few of the small lakes in the area. Thier prices are good and they will treat you well. If you check it out ask them about Ingle or Brophy Lake the fish arent huge but at least the fish are there.

Are you talking about Caribou lake and Wilson lake in Loring? Not the same place. :)

Wilson lake is half way between Temagami and Martin river. The Lake the cabins are on is ok but they will drop you at one of the small outpost lakes that see alot less pressure. I have no idea about Loring never been. Wilson has a Temagami address and is less than a ten min drive from town.