Head Lake, Kawarthas

castgame

I know that there are two Head lakes up there....the one that runs along hwy#45 has walleye bass and muskie...don't believe there are any crappie in it...but I could be wrong. I do know if it's a Kawartha Lake and doesn't have Crappie in it, there's no point fishing it through the ice...unless you're after perch, sunfish and rockbass. :dunno:

Not sure about the other Head Lake...which I think is more in Haliburton anyway.

so i take it head lake is open for ice fishing this year, and it so happens my friend's got a cottage up there. anybody know anything about the lake at all? i'm suspecting we'll be getting into perch and crappie, maybe walleye? any info at all would be appreciated, thanks

Walter does'nt want to come over for dinner.. he's closed for dinner <_<

Unless you fish scugog.

Lots of lakes in the immediate area that you could chase trout on...roll into Miner's Bay and pop a few holes on Gull Lake, for example. Check the regs tho...lots of one-line lakes (like Gull) and exceptions in that neck of the woods.

Lots of lakes in the immediate area that you could chase trout on...roll into Miner's Bay and pop a few holes on Gull Lake, for example. Check the regs tho...lots of one-line lakes (like Gull) and exceptions in that neck of the woods.

lake trout? we'll need something accessible by foot... so no 10k+ snowmobile approaches