Need a small outboard motor serviced

ehg

When i had a place around Buckhorn there was a person i trusted who tuned up my outboards.

Now i am kinda stuck in Toronto but need an engine looked at. Hoping to find dependable service

for a 9.9 Johnson. Bought the engines for a couple hundred dollars many years ago so don't want to

spend hundreds of dollars for a tune up. Any suggestions or experiences will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

you probably know this already but, read up on the web about how to do it yourself. you could save lots of cash that way and retain some valuable knowledge incase you have problems out on the lake. i learned most of my stuff from just takin things apart, and puttin em' back together the right way. and not to mention the old man taught me alot. i thought i'd give you a little push to D.I.Y. , got no other suggestions, i live too far away lol.

Call grimsby bait and tackle for a repair guy in beamsville.Its well worth the buck.His labour rate I beleive is about 30 anhour maybe 25.Its money well spent.The guys name is HANS.I beleive I mentioned this once before.And youll probably save money too after forking out for gas.My kicker is kicking well and purchased it at a reasonable price for a four stroke 7.5 honda.

you probably know this already but, read up on the web about how to do it yourself. you could save lots of cash that way and retain some valuable knowledge incase you have problems out on the lake. i learned most of my stuff from just takin things apart, and puttin em' back together the right way. and not to mention the old man taught me alot. i thought i'd give you a little push to D.I.Y. , got no other suggestions, i live too far away lol.
as bigredredneck said,I just did a total overhaul on my 140 mercruiser and new pump in lower unit.Now I know were everything is and what is what.And in case of a failure I know what tools to bring along.Tools and spare parts.And a manual.For what I do for a living ,the marine engines are becoming easier than the heavy truck engines for repairs etc.

Call grimsby bait and tackle for a repair guy in beamsville.Its well worth the buck.His labour rate I beleive is about 30 anhour maybe 25.Its money well spent.The guys name is HANS.I beleive I mentioned this once before.And youll probably save money too after forking out for gas.My kicker is kicking well and purchased it at a reasonable price for a four stroke 7.5 honda.

Thanks, this is the kind of thing i am looking for but live in Toronto. Hoping for some word on something closer.