Anyone see the Sabres V Sens?

pigeonfisher

someone, just anyone, explain to me how you could not see this happening? ... the announcers saw it coming, i saw it coming, the fans saw it coming, heck even my wife saw it coming- all right after the hit.... Murray was the only one who didn't see it happening, Heatley started the cross checking before they even got set for the face-off. A guy from the AHL, "skill" player not a goon, went toe to toe with Neil and he had no problem with the beat down of a "skilled" player (re: non-"goon")... if i was Muckler i'd be ticked at Murray for being the only one on the planet that was clueless about what was going to happen...

BTW- there wasn't really an fights, apart from the initial Spezza fight and then someone jumped on the sabres players back... then the 2 Emery fights (I hear he's an amateur boxer, so i am willing to say he'd be up for a fight with anyone in the league), mostly just dropped gloves and played "ring-around-the-goalie"... totally blown out of proportion, but i still don't get the whole "well, our goon just dropped their captain with a debatable hit, let's put the #1 line out there i think it's all over with now...." thought... can't find a logical reason other then for the Sens to say "ahh, look at that, their enforcers jumped our skilled guys... they should be suspended, i'm appalled, i could have never imagined this happening"

And for as much flack as Peter's takes, yes he does do some stupid over the line stuff, but for the abuse he takes he shoulda just kept laying the beats on McGratton when he broke his cheek last year, instead of calling in the refs when he saw he was hurt... just so he would be rightfully abused

Murray should have known it was going to happen and called a time-out. This gives him the right to another line change. Even in the fights there are unwritten rules. No upper cuts and no shots to the mouth. The hit was cheap and the response was predictable.

Ruff did as she should have. Murray was dumb for leaving that line out.

Ruff has taken a bunch of no-names and made them stars. He must be doing something right. He's like the anti-Quinn.

Ruff is a cancer on the league.

2006 Jack Adams Award (Coach of the Year) went to Lindy Ruff. Maybe he was a little angry at the time but I doubt there are many coaches that would not have done the same thing. I used to hate Buffalo but it's hard to ignore a talented team.

Edited by Mattitude

This is a scrap for all times.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY0vmeAeE_c"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY0vmeAeE_c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY0vmeAeE_c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

First of all when it comes to the coaches Murray imho is one of the biggest goon coaches going he has a history of this sorta of thing and Ruff is just a whiner period althought i can`t blame him in this case.

Everybody should know what Chris Neil is about by now yes he does have more skill than the typical headhunting goon but he is imho a cheap shot artist first and foremost he looks for opportunities to INJURE players and that my friends makes him a punk.

The hit was late if he wanted too he could have decide not to hit Drury,Drury was totaly defenseless and the hit was from the blind side a Chris Neil trademark. When a player takes the opporunity to hit another player to the head blind and potentially seriously injure or end a career then i have no respect for that player and the NHL does not need that type in the league,don`t get me wrong i don`t mind a good scrap every now and then but the intent to injure has to taken out of the game for good,Chris Neil should be suspended for intent to injure.

These things will continue to happen until the NHL get serious about protecting players from headshots.

Sorry Guys, How soon Mr. Murray forgets lol

Watch the link for those of you who havent seen this, it sheds some light on Bryan Murrays' Halo......not only does he dispatch goon like mentality, but he singles out goaltenders lol.

Edited by Blaque