LSPP Report/Gerber Bone Saw Rant

archie_james_c

Well me and a friend went into the park yesterday in search of the usual speck/laker combo. Fishing was slooooooooow but I managed to pull out a 15" Brookie and a little minnow of a Laker also had my worm stripped in the same hole I caught the speck in. The speck was caught on a small eagle claw treble hook with a worm and no weight...just let it sink to the bottom and slither around :blush: . The Laker was caught on my trusted Williams Whitefish in gold/silver hammered.

My rant as it is, is about my Canadian Tire Gerber folding bone/wood saw seen here...http://www.gerbergear.com/index.php/product/id/83

Well after cutting half way through a dead 4" Cedar all i hear is "SNAP", and watch as the blade blows apart...well thats no good I figure, so I had to use the bone blade for the rest of the day, and that didn't make me too happy. I have a video to follow it up.

EDIT- Video here...**WARNING** I say the F word not once, but twice :o

th_100_2082.jpg

Heres the Speck next to a 6" bladed Buck Knife.

2n1cmfc.jpg

Like I said in a previous post, cowboy coffee looking out on the lake :blush:

2qirzax.jpg

My partner all ambitious to get some poisson.

2ymio2q.jpg

Edited by archie_james_c

I have had those folding saws blow apart as well...would have thought a Gerber product would stand up though. I don't know the name of my saw...paid $30 for it at Hiker's Haven...turns into a mean-ass looking hacksaw, and all comes apart to store inside one long tubular handle. Kind of like the coghlan's, just with a beefier handle. I found a pic of it...or a very good knockoff...the thing has never let me down, and cuts through anything. Super lightweight and takes up no next to zero space.Trailblazer TakeDown bucksaw

Edited by johnnyb