carrot stix

pike slayer

So for next spring i wanna get a new rod. i've been eyeing up those carrot stix rods. im looking for an all around 7' medium action spinning rod

does anyone own one? how do you like them? what about warrenty, good customer service??

i'd like some honest opinions! thanks

Edited by worm dangler

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

they look like nice rods but many of them seem to be a bit heavy for an all around rod near the sault. they'd be decent probably for those big ol' pike you go after, but maybe a bit on the heavy side for smallies, wallies, and trout. that's my 2 cents.

Well I have few of them and they are hands down the rod of choice for me paired with Core 51mg7 and Core 101mg.

Best baitcasting rod i have.

The spinning rods as well paired with Stradic CI4 1000 and CI4 2500 make for a fun day on the water.

My 2 cents

I had to google it to believe it http://www.carrotstix.com/catalog/e21_carr...he_original.htm

The rod is even orange colour. Now I've seen everything.

"Nano-Bio-fibers are extracted from carrots. These strong, flexible fibers are added to our bonding matrix to create a super strong bio-polymer, which is used in the creation of our ultra high modulus graphite blanks. This results in an incredibly light yet strong and responsive blank that lends itself to diverse applications and

techniques. Another piece of cutting edge technology used in the creation of the “Carrot Stix” is Element 21’s stress-free design analysis program. This program allows us to create a blank that is evenly stressed from tip to butt by identifying areas that are over-stressed and allowing these to be re-designed before our

mandrels are ever made. This reduces the risk of potential rod failure as well as affording a blank that is able to utilize its full mechanical potential due to the even distribution of stress along the entire blank. So what does all of this rocket science have to do with fishing? Well, consider a rod that is extremely light, can cast a country mile, so sensitive you can tell a beer can from a branch, and still allows you to place your lure right on the nose of some unsuspecting bass or walleye. That is the “Carrot Stix” experience!"

I don't own one, but I will this summer. They are super lightweight and have received great reviews. Not sure if it's all hype or not, but I plan on finding out. Last I checked they were $165 at a major retailer...only place I seen them in stock in my area.

There is also a camouflaged pattern rod, called camo stix, that are similar but made by USA Custom Rods. I read these are good too.

ive been told they break rather easily. Boyd duckett was their biggest name on staff. and he left because they changed the place the rods were made to save some money, which compromised the integrity of the rods. he was very specific in how the rods were to be made and what not, and after his initial rods were produced for him, they changed the process for the mass produced rods that would be for the public, once he found out, he left the company.

This link is to the press release Boyd put out:

http://www.boydduckett.com/index.php?optio...7&Itemid=34

There is concern that the marketing strategy may not reflect the actual production "ingredients". The rod blank that they won ICAST with a few years ago was a carrot nano-biofibre produced unit.

It is based on fairly reliable sources that they are not producing with the formulation that won them the original award.

The rod designer Ken Whiting along with an E21 product manager have BOTH jumped ship from E21 and are working exclusively for Boyd Duckett now, producing there own propriatary "micro guided" rods.

There is a lot to be read into each of these peoples actions, and direct discussion has proven to be rather interesting as well. :whistling:

(Have a number of Carrot Stix, including their 1st 2-pc ultra light model, along with other pre-production (Green in colour) & production rods :whistling: )