Simcoe - Jan 11

icefisherman

OK,

we eat all the white fish last night (man was it good;-) so I've decided to try and replenish the reserves today

Easier said than done today though....

Started a bit earlier with several good buddies as a company....they all got their limits relatively quickly and released lots more whities....I was clearly struggling today....for some reason using same setup, same presentation/locations, as yesterday didn't work for me....kept missing....not marking as much....at one point I thought I am in for the first skunkaro of the ice season....took me until Noon to get the first one.......couldn't believe it....5 meters from me buddies were killing them.....I couldn't get one for 4 hours if my life depended on it....anyhow....moved again about 1pm....by 3pm got 2 more and missed several others....so managed (barely) to come on top but boy oh boy...was it hard work and cutting it close today....has a been a while since I had to work so hard to save skunk....oh well one of those days I guess....

And a lesson....do NOT take digital camera with me next time :P

And the shot of the day:

IMG_0948.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Way to go!

We had tough day as well. Fished at BBP and only landed one herring but was my biggest yet at about 18" Then lost one laker i think (felt solid) about 20' from the whole and that was it between two of us. Marked a ton of fish but nothing would commit. Lost all my williams last year so that may be the problem ;) Need to stock up.

Will be trying again Thursday and Friday at BBP and IBP

Good luck and play safe out there.

great fish, hopefully going to get out on the ice later this week

Were were u fishing?

not wanting to know exact locations butt can you give a little update on the general location and ice conditions?

thx man tight lines and great looking catch..

i think simcoe is like fully frozen

great fish, hopefully going to get out on the ice later this week

i think simcoe is like fully frozen

Not from what I have heard there are some very " iffy" spots out there especialy when driving on it with a machine..

wouldnt want to find 2 inches 3 km out on a sled...