Who here uses bottled water?

Big Cliff

never drink bottled water. we live in a nation where fresh water is next to free. the energy going into pumping, bottling, transporting, and marketing water is just sickening. why pay to transport something that naturally moves itself? it makes no sense.

i'd rather focus on cleaning up or public water systems that give up and drink spring water.

I've been on bottled water here since moving from the GTA to Ottawa seven years ago. When I moved here and tasted the tap water, it was like drinking from a small weedy lake...the kind of lake I like to fish. I hated it!! I do'nt mind showering in it or using it for appliances but that's about it.

The same applies to drinking bottled water when I'm at my little womens place in Quebec, but for whatever reason the water does not smell or taste weedy and is super cold in the summer months when I run the taps.

I still visit the GTA for meetings once a month and the water is not as pleasant to drink as my bottle that came from the hills around Blue Mountain....Collingwood area.

Cheers!.....to bottled water :D

Tap Water here, can seem to phatom the 1.00 per bottle price when up the road is where they bottle it. And I remember seeing something on bottled water that Lake ontario was one of the largest suppliers for bottled water ,advertised as the great lakes north clear or something..

The city of Toronto wants all the water users to run your tap for a minimum of 5 minutes before drinking. And you think we are the fools. Have you ever seen the inside of a 50 year old delivery water pipe ? I have seen many if you ever get a chance take a look and ponder what you are putting in your body.

If you want to educate yourselves on what really is in Lake Ontario here is a link to the analytical averages of raw and treated water from western lake ontario and distributed to the residents of Halton Region.

http://www.halton.ca/PPW/Water/PDFs/WaterQ...Halton_2008.pdf

Lake Ontario is far from the polluted past it once was , these results wouod rival any treated water results anywhere in the world. The internet is a wonderful thing , people should use it.