Pay Pal

MCTFisher9120

I would like to set myself up with a PayPal account but I am not sure of a few numbers. Can somebody tell me what I need to have (info wise) prior to making a account please.

MTBF

Also, will I be charged rates and interest. Can I delete my account after 1 purchase?

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I would like to set myself up with a PayPal account but I am not sure of a few numbers. Can somebody tell me what I need to have (info wise) prior to making a account please.

MTBF

Also, will I be charged rates and interest. Can I delete my account after 1 purchase?

If eBay its ALWAYS best to have a credit card on you're Paypal account so you can pay possible duty and such.

You really just need a bank card though.

There is no fee involved.

Currency transfers favor Paypal obviously.

You can delete the account anytime.

If you're scammed you can start a complaint and you WILL get your money back.

Make sure you know what you're going to purchase and figure in taxes and shipping, then transfer the money into you're paypal account ahead of time.

Putting money back into your bank will have a ~$1.50 fee.

Edited by xeon

It's also good practice when sending money to someone in a private sale to ask the seller to send you an invoice (something they can do in paypal). That way if you send money but never receive your goods you'll be covered. Trying to recoup money sent without an invoice showing what you sent the money for is much harder.

To start a PayPal account it is best to have a bank card and a credit card.

You give them your bank info and they will send you a small amount, like .43 or $1.15 and then you will wait until that is in the account and then you tell them how much they put in to verify it is your account.

With the credit card, you will enter your info, then they will ask for a telephone number and then they will call that number immediately. When you answer there is a recorded message and you verify it is you and you're done, all set up.

Pretty simple.

Joey

I would recommend against paying with instant bank transfer via PayPal. If you do get scammed, and PayPal doesn't rule in your favor you have no recourse. If you pay through PayPal with a credit card, you can always do a charge-back and let your credit card company handle the dispute. If you are linking your bank account to your PayPal account you'll need to have your banking info (transit, branch, and account numbers.)