North Bay/Temagami Live Bait?

Minnow

Just remember there are lakes with live bait size limits!

Dad's is closed for the winter.. only leaves you Gramps at Angus Lake. 1-705-569-3825

I doubt he's open that early...

Also be darn careful. Don't know what lake you are hitting but the main parts of Lake Temagami only have 2" of ice on them. Snowing heavily a few hours ago and only 0C temperature.

Edited by irishfield

Call up BigEd in North Bay...not only is he THE man when it comes to bait, he has no trouble meeting you dark and early. 705.492.3941

Great guy....totally worth the ten minute detour off the hwy to pick up bait on your way north ;)

Just remember there are lakes with live bait size limits!

Dad's is closed for the winter.. only leaves you Gramps at Angus Lake. 1-705-569-3825

I doubt he's open that early...

Also be darn careful. Don't know what lake you are hitting but the main parts of Lake Temagami only have 2" of ice on them. Snowing heavily a few hours ago and only 0C temperature.

Live bait size limits?

Whats the point of that?

Yah.. strike.. can't spell ! Their, the MNR's, reasoning is using big suckers and chub creates a higher amount of deep hooked, non-revivable fish. Considering the lake with the bait size limit... and the fact guys are targetting Lakers this way.. and there isn't a slot size for lakers...I think the whole thing is pointless IMHO. They managed to get rid of it on the Ottawa River and it's Zone.. but Temagami's bait size restriction never got lifted.

Quick strike just has the extra trailer hook so if YOU are quick the fish gets hooked up on the trailer before it gets it down it's throat. I was a little quick on that one... the quick strike may not be so bad.. but if you're fishing a huge bait on a circle hook or similar, you are waiting for the fish to munch that bait down before setting the hook...and it ends up gullet hooked.

Edited by irishfield

I'm pretty sure BigEd's is closed this year. But your right, he's the man when it comes to bait. You could try calling billy bob's 705-474-2248, he lives right next door, so he might open early for you.

Nope, he's back in the game, operating from his house on Bay St. in Callander...will be keeping a bunch of stock out at Deepwater Pt as well....long live Big Ed!!!! :lol: