whirlpool the past saturday

basskicker09

i met up with vinnimon from the board to try the whirlpool for the first time. we got down there around seven am got all set up the water was really brown down there tried multiple different things roe, streamers, spoons then we seen a group of people down the pool catching fish so i went over to ask what they were catching the fish on and they were using 3 to 6 inch chubs and shiners and gulp alive minnows in the same size one of the guys was kind enough to let me use some of there bait which lead to the only bite i got we both ended up not catching anything but still had a good time

thanks vince for letting me use your float rod and the drive down would fish with you anytime you want to get out

I absolutely love the whirlpool. The scenery there is magnificent. Really tempted to get down there myself this winter for the steelhead. It’s great you could hook up with Vinnimon. A few years ago, CharlieD took my dad and I down to the pool for our first trip there for steelhead...I will forever appreciate that gesture and he’s probably the reason I have yet to blank down there for the bows.

I still remember my first trip down there for carp like it was yesterday as well as my first trip there for steelhead…It really pays to chat with the locals who fish down there for the steelhead…They’ve shown nothing but kindness and hospitality to me each trip I’ve gone down during steelhead season and gave me great tips. They put me onto some minnow patterns that worked great (like Gulp and some local streamer ties). The walk down and then up again is always worth it in my books

The whirlpool has quickly become one of my new happy places :D

DSC_5186-2-1.jpg

I absolutely love the whirlpool. The scenery there is magnificent. Really tempted to get down there myself this winter for the steelhead. It’s great you could hook up with Vinnimon. A few years ago, CharlieD took my dad and I down to the pool for our first trip there for steelhead...I will forever appreciate that gesture and he’s probably the reason I have yet to blank down there for the bows.

I still remember my first trip down there for carp like it was yesterday as well as my first trip there for steelhead…It really pays to chat with the locals who fish down there for the steelhead…They’ve shown nothing but kindness and hospitality to me each trip I’ve gone down during steelhead season and gave me great tips. They put me onto some minnow patterns that worked great (like Gulp and some local streamer ties). The walk down and then up again is always worth it in my books

The whirlpool has quickly become one of my new happy places :D

DSC_5186-2-1.jpg

That rock you were standing on,In the spring you may see some muskies lurking around,just below your feet.