Finding Rainbows In Lakes

EC1

Hi Everyone,

Once again, I'm getting an opportunity to head to my buddy's cottage just south of Algonquin Park. I know that there's bass and rainbow trout that's in there, but bass are closed, so therefore, I'm asking again on how to target these trout!

At this time of year, where would you be looking for trout in an algonquin like lake? The deepest? Shallow? Or all over?

Thanks in Advance

I agree with singdog. They will be scattered all over the lake, but should be near the surface. The spinners should work, but if you mark some on a fishfinder and they don't bite, try throwing out a micro twister, let it sink to the depth they are at and then slowly retrieve. Let us know how you make out!

As early as 3 weeks ago, rainbows were being caught in 3' of water in Dorset- area lakes. If you aren't having luck trolling, try casting to structure like rock piles or logs. If they are tucked in close, they are often within a couple of feet of shore, where it's tough to troll for them.

I think I'll end up trying all sorts of different techniques. Deep, shallow, in between.

Probably will be getting a few spoons on top of my couple of inline spinners. Do you guys tip the baits with a full worm or just a piece of it?