price on garage door opener installed

bow slayer

it isnt a hard task by any means ...but if your insistent on paying someone..youll be looking at about 75 bucks..(assuming receptacle is there ).i suggest you buy yourself a case of beer instead and do it yourself...

make sure you put a 2x10 or 2x8 on center of the door 4 feet long( to distribute the pull weight ) nailed to the studs/header in the wall

good luck and give it a go ...it isnt hard

Edited by Twocoda

I install garage doors and openers for a living... Most people will charge you 80 to a hundred to install an opener.

The opener you purchased is a pain in the ass to install (too many parts) The screw drive system isint very good.. its louder than a straight chain drive operator and if your door doesent operate smoothly then the opener doesent always wanna shut the door.

If you have a wood door you dont really need any extra bracing to secure the top section but if its metal it is best to install a peice of punched angle spanning the whole top of the door.

Home depot has Chainberlain 1/2 hp chain drive operators for 220.00 tax inc. personally i would return the genie screw drive.

Edited by Shore_Lunch

well it seems 100 bucks seems to be the rate. I would attempt it myself but with 3 kids playing hockey, working 50-60 hours a week and working on the backyard rink with my spare time,it woulld have to wait til spring.

I will check more into the type I bought,so far I have heard good and bad. thanks for the replies.

Its actually not that loud at all. We used two of the genie screw drives, also bought on sale like you. Our doors were 7' and purchased the extensions from the company over the phone and service was great. Like you the parts sat for a few months until we found some time to install over Christmas break which was ot that hard to do at all.

First time installing one, give yourself a few hrs and get the kids involved.