Spent the kids Xmas money on fishing tackle

Garry2Rs

Okay, here it is straight up,

I blew the kids Xmas present money on fishing tackle!

I know I will burn in Hell for this, but when I read the Tackle Warehouse "Black Friday" sales flier...

I couldn't resist.

With the acquisition of a couple of sizes, each, of the new Large Mouth Bass, Bluegill and Pumpkin Seed patterns, I have a nearly full set of the Kopper Live Target Crankbaits.

The discontinued, metal model, of the Shimano Stratic Mg 1000 was available at about 1/2 price and I just had to take advantage of the additional 20% discount. This discount also allowed me to acquire a couple of new hard swimbaits at a price I could justify. A discounted Sebile Magic Swimmer and a Strike King Baby King Shad will be hitting the water with me before the end of the week.

If you haven't already seen it, you ought to track down the video of the new Sebile Magic Swimmer soft plastic baits. What a great looking bait! The problem is, these are disposable soft plastic baits. At four for $15.00 US, or about $3.75 a piece, the price tag is holding me back. However, I'm sure I will find a way to buy some before I head home...perhaps I can misappropriate the children's Easter money!

Edited by garry2rs

Okay, here it is straight up,

I blew the kids Xmas present money on fishing tackle!

I know I will burn in Hell for this, but when I read the Tackle Warehouse "Black Friday" sales flier...

I couldn't resist.

With the acquisition of a couple of sizes, each, of the new Large Mouth Bass, Bluegill and Pumpkin Seed patterns, I have a nearly full set of the Kopper Live Target Crankbaits.

The discontinued, metal model, of the Shimano Stratic Mg 1000 was available at about 1/2 price and I just had to take advantage of the additional 20% discount. This discount also allowed me to acquire a couple of new hard swimbaits at a price I could justify. A discounted Sebile Magic Swimmer and a Strike King Baby King Shad will be hitting the water with me before the end of the week.

If you haven't already seen it, you ought to track down the video of the new Sebile Magic Swimmer soft plastic baits. What a great looking bait! The problem is, these are disposable soft plastic baits. At four for $15.00 US, or about $3.75 a piece, the price tag is holding me back. However, I'm sure I will find a way to buy some before I head home...perhaps I can misappropriate the children's Easter money!

If yer kids are half as good as you make them out to be they'll be happy for you. After all, aren't a few years of poopy diapers worth a couple of lousy fishing lures?

JF

Ok, so you've had the thrill of buying the Koppers...now why not enjoy the thrill of GIVING the Koppers! :santa:

Wouldn't your kids love to receive something that is so dear to their old man's heart? :angel:

And if you play it right, with a little tear rolling down the cheek when they are opening them and they see your sense of joy, they'll probably be more than happy to let you borrow them! :whistling:

Sounds like a win-win to me! :thumbsup_anim: