Nov 23/09 Sorry but We had a GREAT DAY

spinnerbaitking

great fish!! CONGRATS! :D

i never fish tubes in fall but im having great success with YUM creyfish patern jigs.

BUT!!

i realy want to try THEM tubes you giving me the URG!

whats the best technique for them?!?!? i know slow presentation is key but how are you working them.

do you have a couple of tips you waht to share small mouth master! :worthy:

I've had different people out this fall & out fished them all at first, when you have 5 or 10 nice smallies in the boat & they have 1, they start wondering what their doing wrong, 1st thing I did was gave them 1 of my rods & told them to slow down, I was using 8 lb Andes green line & a Smoke & Purple fleck tube fished really slow, If I was drifting I didn't get bit, too shallow 7 to 10 fow, so I was casting in front of the boat with the trolling motor on as slow as I could & still have control of the boat, let the tube hit bottom & give it slack line shake the tube 4" to 12" & reel down to it, work it back to boat & repeat, out of all the smallies we hardly felt any hits they just sucked it in & we felt weight & started reeling, the other rods they were using had Power Pro, 10lb Andes, 10lb Flouro Clear, 12 lb P-Line, the 2 - 10lb lines caught a few fish but not many, My father's cousin Pete used 6 lb light green on a 10' rod & had as many as I did on the day they fished but only caught 1, when I started catching fish I was roaring & every one around the lakes would have heard me, but especially the other guys fishing with us & then I'd wave them over to try catching the smallies & telling them to slow down or giving them my rods or tubes to get them on fish. I love catching fish but I also love to have my buddies catching them too. Water was colored a bit but could still see rocks or wood down to 5' to 8'

Richard :Gonefishing:

Not trying to blow my own horn but for some reason things just clicked for me this fall