Lookin' for help........Cassette to CD

Meely

Hello kids....

I was wonderin if any of ya'z could offer some assistance.

How does one go about transferring a music cassette to CD?

I have searched high and low for this band (stores and internet) but havent been able to find their earlier stuff on CD, hence my problem.

I bought 2 of their earlier albums on tape wayyyyyy back in the early to mid eighties but cant find these two albums on CD ANYWHERES now-a -days.

Is it possible to go from cassette to CD?

( Please keep it simple if its possible..... I aint that technically inclined)

Tnx

Meely

Edited by Meely

yes it is possible. but you need a decent sound card, a cable "composite audio to mini stereo" and software.... the software should come with any decent audio card in your pc...

You just hook up your old school tape deck to the composite audio end of the cable, and the mini stereo jack to your PC..

and you are off to the races once you the .wav files on your computer..

Good luck.

G

I used a program called Audacity, it's still available and free, allows you to to edit, get rid of noise, etc. I used my stereo cassette deck directly to the computer. Use a cable with red and white RCA plugs on one end, the other has a 1/8th" mini stereo male plug, from the cassette "line out" to the computer "line in". On your sound card at the back of the computer there will be 3 mini jacks, microphone, line in and line out. (pink, green and blue plastic rings) around the jacks. open the Adacity program, insert a Cd into the burner, hit record, press play on the cassette and you're off like a herd a turtles, records in real time(slow), I don't think there's any way around it.