My friend's little boy needs your help...

fisher

I know everyone here is great at supporting a cause that is worthy and this is one that touches one of my friend's little boy, Christopher. I will post a copy of the email he sent me below and hope that you can find it in your hearts to register and cast your vote...it really only takes a few seconds to register and only requires minimal information...

The interim goal is to try to get to 500 by tonight (so far it is at 366). I know we can do that and more. I will forward him a copy of this link to show how much we care and to show what a great community we are...

According to the site, voting ends in 7 days and it seems that you can vote once every day - so PLEASE continue to vote all week.

THANKS

Dear Friends, Family, & Councillors,

As you know, Christopher goes to Silver Creek Pre-School and they have an amazing program & faculty for giving special needs kids all that they need to enjoy the same benefits we take for granted every day. There is GREAT news from Silver Creek - they are planning to build a fully accessible playground called TogetherLand that is desperately needed in this city (the link below has details). Christopher loves the playgound, especially the infant swings which are getting too small for him and the slide which I carry him up to the top through whatever obstacle I need to climb because that's what dads do. It's only a 15 minute drive from our house so it would really help to have something close-by to take him to.

So all I ask is if you could please go to the link below and vote YES for this playground AND forward this link to as many people as possible. Try to vote one for every household member instead of one per family.

Thanks again...I don't ask for much but when I do it's really, really important to me.

Here is the link: http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf3001

Edited by fisher

Wow what a coincidence, my cousin has an idea registered on the Aviva site as well and I too had requested support from the community here at OFC. I hope the mods don't mind this sort of thing...

Even though it is in direct competition with my cousin's idea, you've got a vote from me for Silver Creek as it is also an idea to improve the future (i.e. kids & youth)

Tony

Hi again.

Just wanted to bump the thread up to see if we can drum up more support in the last few days of the competition. Remember you can vote every day.

The link below will show you that Together Land is currently in 5th spot. Please register and vote (registration is fast and requires minimal info).

Let see if we can bump this great cause up a few notches by end of day (please & thanks)!

http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/home/ind.../direction:desc

Thanks again.

Edited by fisher