Weekend Hunt

Skud

I sat in my blind Saturday morning for three hours and in the afternoon for a couple. Then again this morning. No Whitetail to be seen. The Ruffled Grouse continues to walk about teasing me. I resisted putting an arrow through it so not to blow my cover for the sake of making it dinner. I guess the controlled hunt got the deer spooked. The warm temps and bright moon are not helping either. I did put my trail cam back out Friday afternoon. A few doe came around at night only. Here is a pic of a mature and young doe.

ShyDoes.jpg

I also have a new visitor. Might make it dinner too.

Bunny.jpg

I may go out mid week if the camera starts to show some daytime activity.

LOL, Love just sitting in my stand watching the wild life even if I don't get to see a deer. I have only gotten out once; yesterday afternoon Sue was feeling sorry for me being so house bound she insisted I should just get out so I headed out to my stand about 1:00 pm. The tree has growen a couple of inches so I had to reposition the stand but once done I hunkered down and just enjoyed the sun and light breeze. I had birds landing in the tree right beside me, watched a squirel running back and forth and then he climbed to within about 6' of me, then I nodded off. I woke up about 3:30 feeling totally relaxed and thought "perfect, just in time for the hunt". I didn't see any deer but it was a much needed rest.

I think I will have to get one of those trail cameras, man those photos are fantastic, thanks for sharing! Anyone want to trade a good trail camera for an Aquaview?

Anyone want to trade a good trail camera for an Aquaview?

That would require fishing Cliff.LOL

Love my trail cam,but gives false hope.LOL

Doug, Im giving the week a rest.Deer are all squirly right now and the temps suck.Heading out to retrive my card after work Tuesday.Just to see whats up with the scrapes.

Im going to move it back to the field.Just want to see if my bucks are still around.

I talked to the land owner today at work.

His brother,who ownes the property accross the road,had told him, he had a run in with some of the hunters.They pulled the same crap that they did with me 2 years ago.We have permission from the land owner.Thier pop (the land owners that is).He,s been gone 30 years.

Im trying to secure this property. I have a date to talk with his brother again.Not sure I can stop the tresspassing,but if they know someone is out there,like they do on the property I hunt,they may not return.

Amazing the ignorance out there.

Take the grouse.It,s spooking the deer.LOL