Fishing License + Late Birthday

MCTFisher9120

Ok, So I am in progress of going fishing at the start of January on Scugog...BUT, my Birthday is on the 25th of December(turning 18) meaning I need a license this year. I would like to get the Outdoors Card like my dad but I don't think I can fil out the info for it until I'm 18 and I'm assuming it would take a few weeks for it to come in. So, can I buy my conservation license sticker and be "legal" until my card comes in the mail?

Thanks,

MTBF

Yup, just buy your license in 2010. I had the same situation that was this year..Got my fishing license on the first few days of January.

You're lucky..I couldn't even fish the November 15 Kawartha Closer last year as my Birthday was on Nov 13.

Your replies are correct. It must suck to be born on Christmas day. My brother's son was born Dec. 25 also, he said he always felt ripped off when t came to recognition and gifts when he was a kid. Now you have to pay for a fishing permit good for only 7 days....happy birthday.

If I was you I'd just wait till January first to but a license. They'll give you a paper copy that is valid until you get the card in the mail, as others have explained. This means you won't be able to legally fish between your birthday and the 1st of Jan. If that's a problem, buy a one year conservation license ($14) on your birthday...it'll only be valid until 2010 but that's the only way you can cover your butt legally.

I wonder if a CO would let you slide you got caught fishing without a license between your birthday and the first...it's only six days. At $14 for a conservationist license it's probably not worth finding out.