Nippissing Ice Fishing

onebigtoe

Hi Guys, my first post on the site and just happened to stumble across this site as I was getting ready to book a package at Snowfari Adventures, thank god I did not yet. I did a search on google for some reviews and ended up here at the following link Snowfari

Having read what some of you have posted, I am not going there now. We have 10 of us and was the only place I could find so far that had 10 man huts. Any other suggestions????

Last year we went, there was six of us and we stayed at Glen Echo. The hosts were great people and we would go again, but as I mentioned we are trying to get a 10 man hut. Also, we only caught 1 walleye and this year we had better catch more!!!

Good to see there are sites like this before friends waste money with crappy service.

cheers!

Welcome Aboard.

Without hesitation I would recommend South Shore Ice Condos, not sure if you can get a spot as I understand they are booked up regularly but give them a call and find out. I know they have an 8 man hut but I think that is the largest one they have. 12 of us have been going up for the last 5 years or so and love the place.

We get 3x6 man huts with 4 guys in each hut, six in a six man gets a bit tight for me.

nipissingicefishing.com/

South Shore Ice Condos a huge thumbs up for great service...not necessarily great fishing though.

Grant took us over to his 'personal hut' on our last evening last year and we hammered fish at dusk, meanwhile the entire weekend the waters surrounding our bungalows were devoid of life. That part was frustrating and was the final nail in the coffin for our group to make the annual trek to nipissings ice bungalows. In the future we will travel with our own on-ice transportation and portable fishing strategy, and forego the drinking aspect. At our bungalow we even drilled many holes in a radiating circle around our bungalow, as we had caught a beer can that we weighted down and had a mudpuppy tethered to it from one of the holes inside the bungalow...who knows what other garbage was piled up down there.

I've done the bungalow thing now for a few years and the fishing has progressively gotten worse each year (3 different operators) The problem I see is a lot of operators will set-and-forget their bungalows so to speak. So you never know what has been dumped, dropped into the holes and you could be fishing over a heap of junk that the fish will move away from.

I think if there was an operator that was willing to seriously work their bungalows, by regularly moving them to stay on top of fish they would have a large base of repeat customers.

It's a gamble booking a bungalow and the only gaurantee is a good time, with safe drinking while you're fishing as nobody has to worry about driving :)

Tony

I have never had a bad trip with Rob Hyatt out of Callander, we've been going for the last 6 or 7 years.

www.robhyattoutdoors.com

We are all booked up for January 7 to 10 and my gear is already sitting by the door!!! :lol:

The service is second to none and we have caught pike up to 38", walleye up to 6lbs (usually a good mix of slot and keepers), and countless herring and perch right out of the bungalows.

If you have any questions about Rob's operation or service feel free to PM me.

Darcy