The massacre has begun.... Bronte...

Burtess

I dont know about that....when it comes to that act...i havent seen that around my area in a very long time...people here seem to get it about the salmon fishery...mind you we have an ever pressence of CO's enforcing it, and its not being being naive or blind...i honestly havent seen people attempting, or even snagging salmon around here come the fall months when they run. It could be because we move to hunting, or back to walleye....however when it comes to moose, this area has a very poor reputation

Just my .02

Anders

You know Anders I thought about your neck of the woods after I hit the "post" button and I concede, most of the Superior rivers are a bit of an exception (the Garden River circus aside).

Unfortunately, in my neck of the woods it's just ridiculous. Ditto for pretty much all of the States I've visited.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Need more MNR -- call your, MP, write your MP, let your voice be heard.

thats about all you can do.

MPP's are who you want to talk to as they handle the MNR.

Here in the north we have some pretty good MPP's who generally are in touch with forestry, natural resources etc.

Unfortunately bozos from down south treat our natural resources purely as a source of revenue, not as the ecological cornerstone of our very existence. We have been battling various governments over issues like the spring bear hunt or remote access tourism for years yet the same two groups of bozos are continually given the reins to our precious resources.

Vote responsibly. Get to know your local politicians and ask them questions about our resources before you throw your vote behind them. If you normally vote conservative ask them why they cancelled the spring bear hunt! If you normally vote liberal, ask them why enforcement dollars have been depleted to the point that CO's can't afford gas for their vehicles. If you normally vote NDP ask them why they blindly support the forest industry without acknowledging that forestry communities must diversify their industries in order to survive. Seeking the answers to these tough questions will force our politicians to regard natural resources as something more than a way to pad the public coffers.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Yeah the garden...im sure some of the Sault boys can tell stories about that place...ive just heard and only seen it on the calm side of things

I went to mile 11 on the garden 10 years ago and there was no less than 50 cars parked up there...

5th wheels and RV's from michigan towed way into the backcountry on a BAD road... Yanks and southern ontario boys filling garbage bags with half rotten salmon...It's a circus for sure.

man...you guys sound like a bunch of whiny women in every salmon related thread. :rolleyes:

heres an idea...

instead of filling the board with useless posts crying about how bob or chuck catch salmon why not use that energy for something useful. write letters, make phone calls, educate, and make people aware of the problem. crying on an internet forum and flaming other members will help solve nothing ;)

I went to mile 11 on the garden 10 years ago and there was no less than 50 cars parked up there...

5th wheels and RV's from michigan towed way into the backcountry on a BAD road... Yanks and southern ontario boys filling garbage bags with half rotten salmon...It's a circus for sure.

That and speckled trout creek in the spring for steelhead...its a joke...

heres another idea...

Let them eat those fish from Ontario.

The "no english" guy like the soup from salmon organs.

That is one of the "best PCB soup". The PCB and other contaminats will do the job.

The mother nature take care of everything, allways.

Have fun.

Edited by Gogu