3rd Trip of Year

Basskicker

Well after getting skunked last weekend (except for a few perch)...we went back out to the hut to give it another try. It was so nice being able to drive out to the hut on 15" of good black ice....the weather was actually nice...about -5C and the wind subsided for the first time in over 3 weeks....finally!!

IMG_00951.jpg

Got everything set up and the wait began.....finally my buddy tip up goes...nothing...something stole his minnow.

Another 20 minutes goes by....his tip up goes again....nothing...something stole his minnow AGAIN!! not a good start...

So finally my set rod goes off....It was a nice little pike....

IMG_01061.jpg

then my buddy's tip-up goes and he lands a decent pike....

IMG_01131.jpg

About another 2 hours later....I'm nodding off and another pike almost yanked the rod out of my hand....

So I'm all excited because we've planned on having a fish fry in the hut.....

IMG_01201.jpg

nothing beats fresh boneless pike right out of the water.....and then my buddy tells me he forgot to bring the Canjun fish crisp.......oh no....I almost cried...I've been waiting over 8 months since my last fish fry....I usually practice C & R...99% of the time....anyways we had a great time as always and my buddy ended up with 3 pike for the frying pan (AT HOME)...sheesh....it's all good..

Jason

Awesome report and great pike there! The view on that underwater cam was cool too. Sorry to hear about the fish fry on the ice, but at least you got a few nice meals at home to look forward to! Where were you fishing if you dont mind me asking....not asking for exact location, but GPS coordinates would be great....LOL. I was just wondering what lake...hehe.