Youngs creek ayone fish it

skinny

Youngs is quite small and absolutely full of wood fishing can be good but right now you you will just get a lot of bag biters and lose a lot of tackle it gets better later in the fall I would suggest you try a bigger river in the area like big creek but its still early for this area I've done some walking and its not looking good so far weather is starting to look good for fall trib fishing good luck.

I used to fish it a lot, not a place for a 13 foot plus float rod, try something in the 7-9 foot class. Brush and undercut banks. Good technique is small skunk flatfish, work it downstream on a tightline into the brush and under the banks. This technique used to be called hotshotting, but I see little mention of it anymore with steelheaders. Caution: hold on tight and use heavier tackle and be prepared to outmuscle a fish quickly there.

Best access is at the town of Vittoria, there used to be a park area just south of town at the old mill dam, fish there down to Regional 24, it was all parkland as far as I know.