Fishfinder tutorials or videos

scugpg

Hi all...I have a Lowrance 522 right now to me it's just a glorified depthfinder :lol: I want to learn how to find walleye, structure, etc. Are there some good videos or articles on how to decrypt what to look for on the electronics? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Edited by scugog

Try this website:

Understanding and Interpreting a Depth Finder

It's written just by an average fisherman (in other words, not a professional outdoor writer), but this guy really knows his electronics. There's no Pulitzer waiting for him, and the grammar is a little rough, but the information and tips are incredible. It's actually broken down into 6 parts.

• Part 1, Why Use a Depth Finder
  • Part II, How Depth Finders Work
  • Part III, How Objects are Displayed on the Screen
  • Part IV, Purchasing a Depth Finder
  • Part V, Adjusting a Depth Finder
  • Part VI, Fundamentals of Reading a Depth Finder

The best part of it is his screen captures of actual fish finders, and his explanation of what he's seeing. He even blew up ballons to "bass size", and anchored them underwater 5 or 10 feet down, then drove over them in his boat and took pictures of what his Lowrance screen was showing, then explained how it works, and how to adjust sensitivity etc. to get the best display.

Really, really good stuff, I've found.

Edited by lhousesoccer

Try this website:

Understanding and Interpreting a Depth Finder

It's written just by an average fisherman, but he really knows his stuff. There's no Pulitzer waiting for him, and the grammar is a little rough, but the information and tips are incredible. It's actually broken down into 6 parts.

• Part 1, Why Use a Depth Finder
  • Part II, How Depth Finders Work
  • Part III, How Objects are Displayed on the Screen
  • Part IV, Purchasing a Depth Finder
  • Part V, Adjusting a Depth Finder
  • Part VI, Fundamentals of Reading a Depth Finder

The best part of it is his screen captures of actual fish finders, and his explanation of what he's seeing. He even blew up ballons to "bass size", and anchored them underwater 5 or 10 feet down, then drove over them in his boat and took pictures of what his Lowrance screen was showing, then explained how it works, and how to adjust sensitivity etc. to get the best display.

Really, really good stuff, I've found.

Great Site, thanks for sharing!

Hi all...I have a Lowrance 522 right now to me it's just a glorified depthfinder :lol: I want to learn how to find walleye, structure, etc. Are there some good videos or articles on how to decrypt what to look for on the electronics? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

If you know Jos at Angling outfitters on hwy 2 Woodstock give him a call,tell him what you would like to be able to do with it and he will be glad to help.He knows these units very well.

When I first had my unit(500c)I thought all I had was a #$^*@#$%$$$ depth finder.After some time spent with it and few chats with Jos I now see arches,bait balls and bottom structure like never before.