wader repair

dobee

anyone know of someone in the k-w area that does repair on waders? i have the orvis silver label bootfoot waders, and a seam in the boot has let go.

thanks

Any good scuba shop should be able to do neoprene repairs, but if it's a stitched or welded seam it may be best to replace the bootie(s). They use the same ones on drysuits.

If none of the KW shops will do it there's a good shop in London on Wharncliffe - Travel Sports. Doug is great at this stuff.

JF

to add to Johns answer, any scuba shop will also carry aquaseal.............scuba shops may be hard to locate, (i do have one in my area) so if you dont have one around, some of the tackle shops do carry it. Its as easy as finding the leak, and globbin it on. Seam or no seam ive had great success with it. Even right on the backside of the heel on my neoprene booties

aquaseal.jpg

to add to Johns answer, any scuba shop will also carry aquaseal.............scuba shops may be hard to locate, (i do have one in my area) so if you dont have one around, some of the tackle shops do carry it. Its as easy as finding the leak, and globbin it on. Seam or no seam ive had great success with it. Even right on the backside of the heel on my neoprene booties

aquaseal.jpg

I've even seen it in fishing shops, but I assumed he didn't want to tackle a patch job himself. And you're right. It's what the scuba shops use for instalations and repairs.

JF

i contacted orvis... they estimate 4-6 weeks... unfortuantly the leak is where the boot meets the sole... i wish it was as easy as finding aqua seal lol. i attached a picture of where my tear is (red line)

Sorry. I totally missed the "bootfoot" part of your original post. I was assuming sockfoot style. Looks like a bicycle tube type patch to me. The problem is gonna be the flexing in that spot. The best, and perhaps only, solution may be new boots installed.

JF

Sorry. I totally missed the "bootfoot" part of your original post. I was assuming sockfoot style. Looks like a bicycle tube type patch to me. The problem is gonna be the flexing in that spot. The best, and perhaps only, solution may be new boots installed.

JF

I agree - send them back to Orvis to get them fixed properly (which as John says, will likely involve new boots).

Ask Orvis for a loaner pair for the the 4-6 weeks. I had Simms boots replaced this summer and they agreed to send me a loaner pair for the time that they were assessing my old boots...I'm sure that Orvis will do the same. If not, tell them that their competition is willing to do it...