Thanks TJ!!! Had a great time at the fishing show.

ccmtcanada

TJ....thanks for the 2 tickets to the Spring Fishing Show! Bly and I headed down there today and spent 4 hours checking things out and buying a few things in the process.

We bought our family membership to the OFAH, had our pic taken for the cover the OOD magazine, bought those cool fishing hats you mentioned from Fishing World, bought my first noodle rod at 40% off, and a few other cool things. I also won a Muskie shirt with my toonie...LOL.

We didn't run into any other OFNers there....exept for CANADIAN COPPER, who was manning the Tightlines booth. We chatted for a little bit...he's a classy guy...gotta get out fishing with him again soon!

We read some posts on here about how "bad" this show has become. Since this was our first time at this one, we had no frame of reference, but from what we saw, we loved it! Next year, we'll probably bring the little one to fish in the trout pond!

Anyhow, just wanted to drop you a note to say thanks!

Edited by ccmtcanada

hey cliff im glad you liked your first fishing show,our family had a great time as well,and we met a few members and talked to alot of people,like i stated in my post yesterday my little girl caught a trout and she was so happy,today she wanted to go fishing...lol..lol,she wondered why the trout were in a building and not in the river she was confused...did you see that huge LUND. :worthy::blink: ..that was on display,that would be my dream boat...all i need to do is win the lottery,well glad you and carol had a blast and bought some new fishing essentials, now we have to wait a few weeks for the sportsman show and you guys will like that as well....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Hold on... Did the people at the Picture booth loose your picture a bunch of times? If so I did see you there...

LOL...yes they did!!! They took the pic the first time...we came back an hour later and it was all blurry, so they took another picture. We came back a half hour later to get it and the lady there thought we already picked it up, so she threw it in the garbage....so they had to take a 3rd picture. We were not bothered by it at all...we were laughing about it all. Finally, they told us not to leave...they'd do it right away. They felt so bad they offered us a free subscription to the magazine, but we already have one (and we dont mind cause it came with our OFAH membership and it's a good cause)...so they printed off two pics and gave them to us. Were you there to have your pic too? I saw a few people getting their pics taken. My wife wore her OFC hat so that if there were members of the board there they'd maybe stop us and say hi.

Edited by ccmtcanada

hey cliff im glad you liked your first fishing show,our family had a great time as well,and we met a few members and talked to alot of people,like i stated in my post yesterday my little girl caught a trout and she was so happy,today she wanted to go fishing...lol..lol,she wondered why the trout were in a building and not in the river she was confused...did you see that huge LUND. :worthy::blink: ..that was on display,that would be my dream boat...all i need to do is win the lottery,well glad you and carol had a blast and bought some new fishing essentials, now we have to wait a few weeks for the sportsman show and you guys will like that as well....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Shawn,

That's classic about your daughter and the wondering why the fish were not outside...LOL. Yes...saw the LUND as well as all the other boats in there that I cant afford...haha. Sportsmen show...hmm...that could be dangerous...LOL. Talk to you later bud!

Cliff

Ok... I gotcha... I was getting my picture taken while I was there and thought you looked familiar. I was with my little brother and one of my buddies ( the tall skinny guy) We all had camo hats of, If that helps and for your reference I was the one with the Max-4 DU hat... Would have said hi but i didnt know if i actually knew you... Kind of awkward saying "Hi, do I know you from somewhere" But thats ok now I do know what you look like so if i see you out :Gonefishing: Or somewhere I will say Hi... Either way, glad to see you actually ended up with your picture ;)

Ok... I gotcha... I was getting my picture taken while I was there and thought you looked familiar. I was with my little brother and one of my buddies ( the tall skinny guy) We all had camo hats of, If that helps and for your reference I was the one with the Max-4 DU hat... Would have said hi but i didnt know if i actually knew you... Kind of awkward saying "Hi, do I know you from somewhere" But thats ok now I do know what you look like so if i see you out :Gonefishing: Or somewhere I will say Hi... Either way, glad to see you actually ended up with your picture ;)

I remember the tall skinny guy...I remember thinking that he may be taller than that blue screen!!! LOL. Were you the guy askin if they had a muskie one? The tall guy had his pic a few minutes later I think. They were actually printing our pic and I think I kept getting in your way....take care Bill!

nope... Didnt ask about a musky but was talking to my bro about musky... maybe that was it... I said we dint need musky cause we got a 47" the year before nor did we need bass cause we had caught comparable ones and lastly we didnt need Walleye wayse of the BOQ and the ones we have been able to pull out. This only left one option... The big rainbow...wouldn't even fit into the creeks where i catch mine... In there 20" is a big bow...

Glad you two had a good time at the show Cliff. You should have gone yesterday and came for wings with us.

Joey

Would have loved to have gone yesterday, but our babysitter (oldest daughter) was at a friends birthday party from 2 til 9pm!!! Oh well...maybe next time!