Quote of the day

kickingfrog

I love quotes. The good ones are so good that the sense of them hits you right away.

Your sig: "The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."

Will Rogers said it even better:

"Never miss a good chance to shut up."

But this is probably my favourite of his:

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false."

It's nice to see the Globe covering the MNR & it's Atlantic salmon project...

"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death & taxes"

"There was never a good war nor a bad peace"

"I believe I have omitted mentioning that, in my first voyage from Boston, being becalm'd off Block Island, our people set about catching cod, and hauled up a great many. Hitherto I had stuck to my resolution of not eating animal food, and on this occasion consider'd, with my master Tryon, the taking every fish as a kind of unprovoked murder, since none of them had, or ever could do us any injury that might justify the slaughter. All this seemed very reasonable. But I had formerly been a great lover of fish, and, when this came hot out of the frying-pan, it smelt admirably well. I balanced some time between principle and inclination, till I recollected that, when the fish were opened, I saw smaller fish taken out of their stomachs; then thought I, "If you eat one another, I don't see why we mayn't eat you."

Ben Franklin was the dood.

It's nice to see the Globe covering the MNR & it's Atlantic salmon project...

"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death & taxes"

"There was never a good war nor a bad peace"

"I believe I have omitted mentioning that, in my first voyage from Boston, being becalm'd off Block Island, our people set about catching cod, and hauled up a great many. Hitherto I had stuck to my resolution of not eating animal food, and on this occasion consider'd, with my master Tryon, the taking every fish as a kind of unprovoked murder, since none of them had, or ever could do us any injury that might justify the slaughter. All this seemed very reasonable. But I had formerly been a great lover of fish, and, when this came hot out of the frying-pan, it smelt admirably well. I balanced some time between principle and inclination, till I recollected that, when the fish were opened, I saw smaller fish taken out of their stomachs; then thought I, "If you eat one another, I don't see why we mayn't eat you."

Ben Franklin was the dood.

You sound like Pamela Anderson crossed dressed in "butch attire"!???