Mid Week Report

LucG

It was such a nice day yesterday I decided to ask the boss the half the day off. Of course I didn't tell him I planned on going fishing. lol

Picked up my brother, loaded the canoe on top of the truck, and headed up to a small back country lake minutes from the city. It was a nice day to be on a small lake with a canoe since there was just a little wind, but nothing we couldnt handle.

Wasnt long before I hooked onto this beast. The first fish of the day, is still the first fish of the day. I prob wouldnt have taken a picture of this one, but my bro insisted.

dsc01948w.jpg

An hour later we anchored in a small bay loaded with weeds hoping there might be a few bass around. Sure enough this nice lunker hit right away. He weighed in just over 4 lbs.

dsc01949u.jpg

After that, didnt catch anything, had a few small pike follow up close to the canoe, but no hits.

On our way back to the lauch, we noticed a few, what seemed to be, lilly pads clusters, but upon closer inspection, it was not. It was as if the bottom of the lake had rose up to the surface. It was made of weeds, roots, leaves & mud. Some of them appeared to be free floating, while others were still attached to the bottom.

dsc01945ax.jpg

Right away I though about droping something right beside to see if there were any fish hidding out. Sure enough, my bro got a nice big perch that was hiding there.

dsc01947nu.jpg

Great day of fishing, there arent many more of these left. Take advantage of this nicer than normal September!