Doe Lake tourny highlights

Skud

Great weather was the highlight. The fishing was tough as always on the lake. Only 27 out of 45 boats even brought in fish to weigh and there was no hogs brought in. A 6lb walleye was the big fish of the day and 12 lbs overall was the winners weight. We ourselves had boat problems and were at Katrina Marina getting fixed up when the 7:30am Shotgun start happened. We eventually got back in action and were washing our lures by 10am. Only two small pike graced us for the weigh in. The top 10 placements got cash and everybody received prizes. Ran into Reefhawg out there too.

Fishing Doe was a far cry from Attawapiskat. I fished Fri morning, Saturday and Sun morning and only had 3 smallies and 8 hammerhandles to show for my efforts. I'm going to have to start saving for my next fly-in. Here are a few pics I took on the weekend including my Bro-in-law's Skeeter we burned around the lake on.

Ride.jpg

Sunset.jpg

Bay.jpg

The bay in the picture coughed up a few small pike on Sunday morn. I usually catch smallies there. We fished the main lake on Tourny day hoping to catch some big pike on the drop offs like you suggested but they didn't cooperate.

Solopaddler; I will be ready to fish again as soon as my arms stop hurting.