Divisional Boundary Question??

Photoz

Last year I tried several times for carp just east of the G. M. office building, at the west end of Darlington, at McLughlin Bay. Saw lots, never even got a sniff. However, it looks like a good spot for ice fishing, likely a few pike and maybe jumbo perch cruisin' about. Now the problem . . . . I have had 2 opinions (hard to actually pinpoint on a map) one that it's Division 8, because it's connected to Lake Ontario, the other . . . . it's Division 6, because, when the water is low, the sandbar at the entrance is ALL above water, so it IS NOT part of Lake Ontario, but a landlocked pond which makes it Division 6, which closes it to ALL fishing when the Kawarthas close in November? Is there anyone on this board who actually knows which Division it is in? Or does it change from Division 8 to Division 6 when the water is low & it becomes land-locked? Since I KNOW there's fish there, it is just as good a place to get skunked as any other?

Only a guess on my part Steve, but if it's a Lake Ontario bay in division 8, I'd assume it would remain as such even when the water level drops and the sandbar seperates it from the lake.

Theoretically, the sandbar could come and go several times a year and I can't imagine they'd need to keep changing the divisions to accomodate it. :dunno:

We don't deliver the S. I. swimsuit edition until ALL Postal Workers have had a boo . . . . we have a responsibility to make sure this smut is NOT distributed to homes where innocent readers could be exposed to it accidentally . . . . . so we must inspect every one, VERY closely . ... occasionally several times . . . . just so you realize how well we protect the public, eh? Tough job . . . . somebody's gotta do it though! I've been doing midnights, in-station sorting, for a couple months . . . . banged up my heel and discovered a couple bone spurs at the time . . . . a little tough getting around!

Yeah h h h . . .. . I suppose it would depend on when the present boundary was mapped . . . . if it was a land-locked lake / pond then, it would likely be Division 6 . . . . . but if there was a clear entranceway to Lake Ontario, I supposed it would have been considered Division 8?? And a storm, with a south wind can either pile sand up, and close it off, or wash it all out? Kinda unique?