A bunch of firsts

cranks bait

Mel and I decided last night to go for an easy relaxing night on the water. Start with a little jigging for bass, that ended up dry. Of course I brought the BPS and call because goose season just opened and I wanted to check out a bay. The geese were there but too close to someones property so I left the gun in it's case and kept the motor in the water.

While cruising down the river I thought Wayne was gonna come for a visit.

29w0foj.jpg

We then decided to do a little trolling in an area that I stumbled upon a few years back. Nobody fishes here yet...

33z42v6.jpg

I managed to hook up with something just as my lure had passed a waypoint I marked three years ago, I guess I'll keep that one. I got it to about 20 feet of the boat and it shook off. My guess is that it was a walley? Only because I have never caught anything else there. As we trolled over a couple of other waypoints, Mel hooked into something. Just at dusk so I could not see that well. She managed to get it to the boat.

w2k3nn.jpg

Turned out to be a huge eye. 28" and almost six pounds. This was Mel's first walleye and the first eye in the Lund (had it for a year). We trolled for a little longer but got nothing. Now it is dark and the geese were flying over us. Of course the gun stayed put, but I figured I would try some calling. I managed to get my call to work like I have never been able to. Really good sound and fluctuation. I managed to get a couple to change there path but not for long. Being in a boat with the motor going in the middle of the river they figured out quick that I was not a goose :P

What a great evening to be out. Now hopefully this luck continues for the BOQ GTG!!!!!