Pounded the river for a couple hours this morning.

12footspringbok

Went down to the "hole" this morning to try for a salmon or two. Got three two around the ten pound mark and one about six pounds. Not bad for G-bay fish.T he first one i caught had a nasty lamprey on him but was a trooper cause he had three other scars on him! Took his passenger off and let him free. Heres a few pics, enjoy!

darksalmon1.jpg

silversalmon.jpg

darksalmon2.jpg

SOme nice fish.. hey wondering if u d let me know how u caught those cause u have a spinning reel and all, everyone i see salmon fishing has the fancy equipment and i dont so im just trying figure out how to catch salmon with my regualr bass rod and maybe spoons on jigs? never seen anyone doing it but i ve heard it can work.

SOme nice fish.. hey wondering if u d let me know how u caught those cause u have a spinning reel and all, everyone i see salmon fishing has the fancy equipment and i dont so im just trying figure out how to catch salmon with my regualr bass rod and maybe spoons on jigs? never seen anyone doing it but i ve heard it can work.

You can get salmon on spoons as you thought. Make sure the rod you're using is strong enough though and you'll want to spool on some stronger line than you may be using for bass.