Humber River Salmon Run

laszlo

I was wondering if anyone knew how far north the salmon are able to run up the Humber River in Toronto / Etobicoke?

Are they able to pass both the damns at the Old Mill (Bloor Street)?

What section do they spawn in?

My backyards goes on to The Humber just behind Humber College and there's no sign of spawing waters or fish

for that matter up here (well maybe carp, chub, sucker).

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Theres many anglers at Old Mill (just south of the bridge) when the salmon are running. I've seen a few salmon (two years ago) past Eglinton holding in deeper water underneath an overhanging tree.

Edited by Syn

Unless the water get REALLY high they wont pass those barriers at the old mill,....might be better off to wait until October and see if any chromers make it up there.

I was at the Old Mill today for a walk and saw a few jump over the damn with no problems.

Before I got back into fishing, one of the things I used to do was play tennis down at the Old Mill club, right next to the Humber. Guys used to haul some pretty big salmon in from right behind the courts, which are north of Bloor.

I've seen them north of Lawrence st at Cruikshank Park. The weirs are all notched so the salmon can get quite a ways up, but there's an impass at Board of Trade Golf Course. The fish ladder there gets checked regularly by Ontario Streams, but they don't release any salmon over the dam, in order to protect the native fishery up there.

• 4 weeks later...
Good to hear bud,...water should be pretty high right now,...but its especially good to know they are in...GAME ON!!!! LOL

BTW,..Humber is LAME!! LOL

LoL! Humber College? Or the General Area? Hahaha I went to Humber College... if you

are talking about the College - I would agree! :P