Inland Bow's this weekend...

Hey all,

It's getting close to sunday night family movie time so this is going to be short and sweet. Went out and played with some inland bow's, and decided to take a few home for dinner for ourselves and the out-laws. They were all caught on a 1 1/4" Mini Rapala crankbait on my ultralight set up. Lots of fun on the light gear. Also took home a couple small bass for Ginny because she doesn't like trout.

Anyways forgot the camera at home so we took our pics before cleaning our bounty...

DSCF1291.jpg

DSCF1293.jpg

DSCF1295.jpg

And tonights dinner!

DSCF1304.jpg

Here's my stocker question... 1 fish had what seemed to be an obviously clipped tail? As far as I could tell the other 3 + a few that I let go didn't have any clipped fins? Are these guys natural? I'm not a huge trout angler so just curious....

DSCF1299.jpg

DSCF1300.jpg

Anyways, hope everybody had a great weekend... despite the weather.

cheers,

Ryan

great pics of your daughter there ryan...

but I have one question for you though....

How come you didn;t land any of those for the fundraiser last week? lol

Musta have been hiding that little spot from us on the lake ;) lol

I am hoping to come down next weekend with my pontoon boat for a go-around.... I think I can stay out of trouble there as the weed beds are below the surface instead of right on top where I have been learning how to row the "tooner"... :P

Good stuff Ryan!

Where did you end up going?

My local reservoir dude... went friday night as they were callin' for thunder showers on saturday... Lost a 5 + pounder at the side of the boat...it mangled my spinnerbait...

If they were from your usual haunt there is some natural reproduction there in the creeks that feed the reservoir.

That's what I figured...I know all those creeks have natural bows and browns in them.... so no clipping means they're most likely natural fish right? I asked the people from the conservation authority and they said all stockers were clipped.

My invite for dinner must have been lost in the mail..... :P:D Great day on the water!

Hey brother - you're welcome for dinner here anytime dude! Kind of a long drive for feed of little inland trout though! haha you'd spend more on gas than what it'd cost to just go buy a few...

great pics of your daughter there ryan...

but I have one question for you though....

How come you didn;t land any of those for the fundraiser last week? lol

Musta have been hiding that little spot from us on the lake ;) lol

I am hoping to come down next weekend with my pontoon boat for a go-around.... I think I can stay out of trouble there as the weed beds are below the surface instead of right on top where I have been learning how to row the "tooner"... :P

Thanks dude, I told Averie trout have little teeth but she insisted that she lipped it for the picture lol... They were in the most unlikely of places for that lake... make sure to let me know how you do on my home lake...

cheers,

Ryan

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i've seen various fin clips but never on the caudal fin before...seems that would be a silly place to clip a fish. is it possible that caudal was worn?

Usually trout from hatcheries will have fins like that if they've spend much time in the concrete tanks. I think the small area leads to regular rubbing of the tank walls/bottoms, etc. and causes the fins to look like that.

Those trout all seem to have some tail wear. It's likely leftover damage from fanning gravel during the spawn.

Rainbows don't normally have forked tails but they do some serious damage while making their redds and it takes a while for them to heal after. They appear to be mature enough to have spawned this past spring.