Question about conservation areas in general

Lunatic

What's a conservation area? ;)

Its a spot where they dig a great big hole, let it fill with rain water runoff from the 12 lane highway beside it, plant some grass around the edges, toss in a couple of fish, and make you pay to walk around the only spot for miles that there isn't a building, and brag that they "conserved" something.

Did I miss anything?

I guess that's why we don't have many of them around here..... not enough buildings. :P

We have one...its a storm water retention pond..aka, conservation area...kinda like calling a hooker your girl friend :D

Its a spot where they dig a great big hole, let it fill with rain water runoff from the 12 lane highway beside it, plant some grass around the edges, toss in a couple of fish, and make you pay to walk around the only spot for miles that there isn't a building, and brag that they "conserved" something.

Did I miss anything?

ummm Dara.... your redneck is showing through now :o

we have conservation areas that have been created for flood control...

see Wildwood , Deer Creek etc...

um... yes B)

no worries though.... I have been known to be a redneck for most of my life as well.... lol

uh,sounds like you described exactly what he was talking about.

use tax dollars to create flood controll area,then charge you to hang out around it. you can pay to fish in it....after you pay for a fishing license.

my big complaint isnt so much i have to pay, its the cost.

it should be 4 or 5 bucks per car. period. 2 bucks for walk or bike in's.

uh,sounds like you described exactly what he was talking about.

use tax dollars to create flood controll area,then charge you to hang out around it. you can pay to fish in it....after you pay for a fishing license.

my big complaint isnt so much i have to pay, its the cost.

it should be 4 or 5 bucks per car. period. 2 bucks for walk or bike in's.

What are you basing that cost on?

Conservation areaas should be free of charge or ask just a nominal fee (a loonie or a toonie). They're similar to a city park - some green space for people to enjoy. You shouldn't have to pay at all to just go for a walk or have a picnic. God knows, your tax dollars get spent on lots worse things.

Conservation areaas should be free of charge or ask just a nominal fee (a loonie or a toonie). They're similar to a city park - some green space for people to enjoy. You shouldn't have to pay at all to just go for a walk or have a picnic. God knows, your tax dollars get spent on lots worse things.

They offer lots more at conservation areas versus a public park. I agree we already spend enough tax dollars, so its either raise taxes MORE and make conservation areas free or put a cost in. And conservation societies are local to the city you live in. Like I said my "city" has a free conservation park, but theres basically a pond and a walking track with some bathrooms. Anyways, you get what you pay for :D