Fhishing in BC

FLEX ROD

Hey folks, I have a chance to go to BC, Victoria in October 20-24 as I have never fished out west I have no clue as to what the fishing would be like this time of year.

I am looking at targeting Rainbows, Steelhead and or salmon, on either fly fishing or float fishing, any help as to what my opptions are would be greatly appriciated.

I can rent a car so that is not a problem but it would have to be day trips as the wife will be with me as she is the reason why we would be going as she will be attending seminars so all I have to do is pay for my flight as the room will be payed for.

Help please!!

Thank you,

FLEX

I'd say your best bet is to locate and contact a reputable outfitter or tackle shop near where you will be staying and ask them directly.....or I'm sure there must be a BC based forum....I understand there are some pretty strict regs and licences required, etc....

if you're only paying flight and not room book a half day guide and then just repeat what you learn afterwards.....

Thanks Bare Foot,

That is an opption, and I will look at as I can see that the Cowichan River is resonably close and looks like some good fishing.

I am just starting my search as thiswas presented to me only this morining and with the vast knowledge on this board I came here first.

FLEX

I always fish there every summer. Lots of lakes with rainbows that are wery well stocked and easley caught. Check out websites like gofishbc.com or stuff like that. Dont bother with steelheading as you have to buy a 60$ stamp as well as an expensive licence. Check out the local tackle and fly shops to see whats happening.