Simcoe Lakers

dagoat_1

Hi All!

Thinking of taking the boat to Simcoe out of Innisfil tomorow and wondering if anyone is still having luck with the Lakers/Whitefish?

Are you guys/gals trolling with riggers or still jigging? Asking because I have never fished the lake in Summer only jigging in the spring and that was just finding the pack of boats and trying to find a spot to yourself on the outer edges of the pack. Then we fished 80-100 feet of water and most were caught jigging.

If anyone is still out there any advice would be appreciated :)

Weekend past,there was a load of boats just out from big bay all the way across to the north point. Watched for a few minutes,didnt see anyone running for thier rods,but I did mark alot of fish.

My lure of choice besides GB,s recommendation, would be orange/silver, silver fox.

Did do a drive by BP and marked alot of fish in 90fow down 65 ft. Suspended whities I would think. The bay is warming up. The dip today was like bath water, out in 100 fow.

Edited by misfish

We got skunked on the riggers :(

Marked fish all over but no takers. Started jigging but only managed some perch in 90fow, didnt realize they enjoyed it that deep. Had a few larger fish follow up but could not get anything take.

think I will stick to Lake O for rigging for the rest of the season but come spring will definately try Simcoe again as this past spring the Laker and whitefish action was great.

Oh and we accidently landed a few small herring about 6-10in while reeling our spoons up, they were all over the place on the graph.

Oh and we accidently landed a few small herring about 6-10in while reeling our spoons up, they were all over the place on the graph

The come back of the herring in Simcoe is amazing,and they are big aswell.

Think we seen you out there.As we did see one boat jigging out there.

What speed were trolling at?

Lenght of lead?

Yeah that was probably us in a 18ft beige fisher.

One rigger dragging on bottom with a another rod about 10ft up. Second rigger we were moving up and down so it would pass through the schools of baitfish we were marking.

We tried leads from 5 to 15ft and all spoons we had with us. In the spring yellow or orange smaller spoons did the trick with short leads.

Oh well, at least it was a nice day out there.

Lake O next week!

wow 25-30ft you say!

ive never fished them that far back but sounds like ill try it next round. The slowest I can get my boat down to is about 1.8 to 2mpy with a small chop out there like yesterday. I thought we might be going a bit fast but all i could do until I find a deal on a kicker. thats the next step. i have the brackt just itching to mount it :)

With the slower speed im sure we would of had a better shot at them.