Camping

hoops12

Hello,

I'm looking for some idea's on were to car camp. I'm looking for a camp ground that has secluded sites, beach and some fishing. Anyone have idea's? I usually go interior camping but this year plans have changed, but'm still looking for a place that has that feel to it. Thanks for you help

Will you have a canoe? Algonquin park has some paddle to sites that are a comprimise between dive to and interior. Their are water taxi's on Lake Opeongo that can take you to a site on the lake. The Cannisbay and Pog lake camp grounds in Algonquin do offer some somewhat secluded sites.

McManus Lake Algonguin Park through the Sandlake gate in Petawawa. Good chance of catching a huge musky. Lots of Kitty cats especially at nite. You can fish from shore where it narrows towards the Military side, but nothing beats a canoe. Best spot to fish is just inside the Military side. Dont worry the Helicopters if they see you wont do anything. Too much of a problem for RangeControl to drive then boat just to tell you to stay out. Trust me.