What are we doing to our environment

knightfisher

i try my best to create as little waste as possible. if you put in the effort to think about it daily it's really not that hard

to reduce the waste you create. naturally convenience and materialism has to be sacrificed to be successful as this.

unfortunately about 90% of the population either could care less about this issue or talk like they care but do nothing about it.

population growth is a 'major' issue but it's a very touchy subject for many. i don't see any problem with setting a limit to only two

children per couple.

less people, less waste, less pollution, more nature, sounds good to me...oh...and more fish!!!

laszlo

It's a bitter piece of reality to swallow but Homo sapiens sapiens is the most invasive and destructive species on the planet. We still have not, collectively, given up the primitive habit of use it up and move along. Only difference is that there are fewer and fewer places we can go to escape from the filth we pile up, and fewer and fewer resources at our disposal. Anybody care for some "Soylent Green"?

I also notice the Homo sapiens don't want to give up their life style, and most have already

become mindless consumers. Pretty bad when 5% of the population of the world, Canada and the

US of A consume 30% of the world's resources.

I forsee a ''severe reality adjustment'' happening to us and our way of life in the next few years.

Recycling really works here. We put out the bin and the same garbage truck picks it up and transports it to the landfill. It's a good idea but, for the time being, recycling is not profitable for anyone. Financially speaking I mean. I do the best I can with sorting and whatnot.....vegetable waste goes to my composter... plastics, paper, aluminum waste is sorted but it still goes to the landfill. Most have the NIMBY mentality.