pier fishing rig

fishinguypat

heading down to bronte in a months time

you may have missed them by then.

Salmon are already on the move at night in a lot of southern tribs and with the high water we've had all year, don't expect them to be sitting around the river mouths waiting.

there's a lot better glow spoons than Cleos... Moonshine spoons glow forever.

good luck!

You'll catch more fish casting artificials than plunking with roe off the pierheads. Besides most of the fish caught by the "liners" are dark boots with half the fight of fresh gunmetal Kings. You won't get too many off bottom on the piers until they turn and start getting the big kype hook nose, easier to snag them that way.

Don't even bother with roe, anything that floats will snag them, usually better. Styrofoam, ear plugs, hell I've even seen a derby winner caught on a cigarette butt. Browns do seem to have a taste for Berkeley PowerBait dough, but you won't see many when the chinooks are around.

there's a lot better glow spoons than Cleos... Moonshine spoons glow forever.

good luck!

You can make any spoon glow forever with SuperGlo paint, Moonshines cast a mile but are deep sinkers so snag easily and the action isn't the greatest.

so you saying fish are already in bronte cause i mainly only go to the piers after i have been at petro canada park for a few hours. i actually do take a fish or two to eat and i don't mind if their brown(but not almost dead)a good year for me is taking 3 fish home is plenty :) this is why i ask on this forum to learn when the fish are in the river...some people say 1 month some people say they are already in so?i don't want to be skunked like last year at bronte its a 45 minute drive : (

-fishinguypat

I dont think the fish are in the rivers yet, still probably just a bit too early.

Couple of more rainy and colder nights and they should start showing up in small numbers.

Last year i remember being there mid September and only seeing few in the creek.

We hit one run head on and there were fish everywhere, mind you a lot of guys were lining them in pools or snagging them with big spoons but that's nothing new for Bronte.

Some of the stuff that goes on there is just pathetic and disgusting.

Some of the stuff that goes on there is just pathetic and disgusting.

You can say that again. I've been there once and won't be back. If a CO were to just take a walk down there on a busy evening they'd clean up; with guys keeping snagged fish, fishing multiple lines off the pier..

As for your question there is no one rig that is always the best. Bring several options and find out whats working.